For its alternating soft light green and creamy natural leathers, our new summer colorway was named Pistachio. This simple pesto recipe adds the same rich, bright colors to the table, with a shared sense of summer ease – and a touch of mint as a nod to our other favorite green of the moment, Menta.
Recipe for Pistachio + Mint Pesto (gluten free).
2/3 cup of raw pistachios
2/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 cups (packed) mint leaves
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake the nuts for about 6-7 minutes until they are a light toasted brown. Let them cool.
3. Chop about 1 tablespoon of nuts and reserve these as a topping.
4. Combine the rest of the toasted nuts with oil, salt, and pepper in a blender.
5. Add the cups of mint to the blended nuts. Continue to blend into a thick mixture.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste and pour into a serving dish.
7. Add Parmesan and squeeze lemon juice, stirring until just combined. Add mint leaves and reserved chopped nuts to the top just before serving.
Recipe adapted from Janice Tiefenbach.
See all our summer green colorways here.